The (not so) Fine Print
In order to safeguard the integrity and security of our products and services, we have taken the time to describe how you may, or may not, use them. By using or subscribing to our products or services, you agree to comply, and your use is subject to, all of the policies, guidelines, or requirements that we may post or amend at blackacrepro.com, in addition to any relevant agreements. If you have any questions on whether you can use our products or services in a certain way, please contact us.
- General Use: You agree to use our products and services at your own risk, and are solely responsible for the way in which you use them and any consequences which may follow.
Irresponsible Conduct: We strictly prohibit any of our clients from using our products and services in a way that breaches, or has the potential to breach, any rights, laws or regulations applicable to you or us, or use such in any way that may reasonably interpreted as offensive, fraudulent, or improper.
- Unauthorized Access: You agree to only allow access to our products and services, in good faith and in accordance with your appropriate licensing agreement, to authorized users and will not allow any unauthorized person or entity access such products and services under any circumstances.
- Reproduction: Under no circumstances will you reproduce, transfer, edit, copy, screenshot, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or attempt to derive or gain access to any component of our products or services, including any documentation owned or provided by us, without our advance written consent.
- Login Data: You are solely responsible for keeping your login credentials safe, confidential, and secure. You agree not to sell or transfer them under any circumstances without our approval. Each login credential is to be used only by the individual to whom the credential is granted.
- Third-Party Products: We may sometimes give our clients access to third party products through our own products and services. These are subject to their own terms and you are responsible for researching and complying with them. We are not responsible for any use of third-party products.
It is our goal to minimize downtime as much as possible. However, downtime is necessary from time to time due to routine maintenance and unforeseen issues. You may have occasional access issues and may experience data loss, so please ensure to back up your data regularly.
- Availability & Access: We aim to keep all systems and services (“Services“) available and accessible 24 hours a day. Occasionally, maintenance will be performed which will impact the availability or accessibility of our Services. If such maintenance is planned, we will generally send out a notice to affected users, however, we cannot guarantee any advance notice of Service interruption.
- Data Loss: While we routinely and securely back-up data in our systems, it is your responsibility to backup any data you may have in our systems and maintaining copies of such. Please see our support documentation for a guide on backing-up system data.
- No Compensation: No compensation or refunds will be issued in relation to availability or access to Services.
- Updates: We relentlessly improve our system by providing free updates and enhancements to our Services or by removing redundant or obsolete features. We will notify you of any major changes to our Services through notifications, emails, press releases, or similar methods.
- Support: If you have an issue with our Services, we would love to hear from you.
- Please see the section below for more information regarding our Support Policy;
- Please see here for support materials and documentation; or
- Please report an issue by logging into your account and clicking “Report an Issue“.
We are committed to our clients’ satisfaction with our products and services. We routinely go above and beyond to assist our clients and pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to ensure their business needs are met.
- Response Time: We aim to respond to all client enquiries within 24 hours for Priority and Enterprise support. Enterprise support requests will be prioritized over all other requests.
- Documentation: Please check our website before reaching out to one of our representatives, as all of our clients have access to valuable resources including support documentation and FAQs.
- Request Support: If you cannot find an answer to your question, please feel free to contact us. If you are trying to report an application issue, please log in to your account and click “Report an Issue“.
We pride ourselves on safeguarding all personal and sensitive information collected by us, or stored in our systems by our clients (“Information”). We aim to provide complete transparency as to the collection, use, and sharing of any such information received or processed by us. Should you have any questions about how your data, or that of your customers, please contact us.
- Information you provide: When you use or request information about our Services, we may collect personal or other Information from you in order to provide it. You are under no obligation to provide any Information to us, however, if you decide not to, we may not be able to provide you with, or information about, certain Services.
- Automatic collection: We may collect Information from you automatically. For instance, when you use our Services, we may collect information on how you use our services in order to better tailor our Services, or to help in troubleshooting. Similarly, when you visit our websites, we may collect Information such as your IP address or device type in order to provide the best user experience we can.
- To serve you: The main use of all Information we collect is to provide and support our Services to you and to better manage our relationship with you.
- To protect you: We routinely gather Information in order to prevent fraudulent or malicious activity, and to ensure that everyone is utilizing our Services fairly and compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy above.
- To improve Services: We are always looking for ways to improve our client experience, and collecting useful Information helps us do that. For example, by tracking certain uses of our Services, we can find ways to eliminate redundancies and streamline your processes even further.
- To market relevant Services: For example, by collecting relevant Information, we may be able to identify certain features or enhancements that may benefit you.
- To analyze and report: We may use Information from time to time in order to aggregate that data into useful, anonymous, and meaningful information or statistics that we may share either privately or publicly.
We take the privacy of all Information collected seriously. We will only ever disclose Information to:
- entities under, affiliated or engaged with, the Blackacre Software Inc. group of companies;
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government departments and agencies, courts or other third parties if we determine it is necessary to share Information in order to comply with relevant laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights. When possible, we aim to notify you of this type of disclosure;
- a potential or actual purchaser (and its agents or representatives) in relation to an actual or proposed purchase, merger, or acquisition of any part of our business; and
- other persons, but only if we have your consent.
We will retain Information for as long as we reasonably need it in order to provide you with Services, or if we have an ongoing business need to retain it.
Should you discontinue use of the Services, we will permanently delete your Information, other than anonymous aggregated data, after 60 days from when you discontinued use, unless you resume use of the Services prior to such time.
We take your Information rights very seriously and we want you to know that you have the right to:
- know what personal data we possess about you, and to make sure it is accurate;
- request a copy of your personal data;
- request for us to delete our personal data; and
- withdraw consent to any collection or processing of your personal data.
If you want to find out more about these rights, please visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
If you’d like to exercise any of these rights with respect to our Services, or if you want to file a complaint, please contact us. We will investigate and follow up with you promptly to ensure you are satisfied.
The Blackacre Software Inc. group of websites are protected by copyright law. Copyright © 2021 Blackacre Software Inc. and its affiliated or related companies. All content such as articles, videos, photos, and images are subject to the copyright of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Unauthorized distribution, transmission, or publication of any such content is strictly prohibited.
Materials obtained through these web sites belong to the respective owners of such materials and are also protected by national and international intellectual property laws, conventions and treaties and may only be used for your individual use and not for reproduction of any kind. Blackacre Software Inc. or respective copyright owners may take appropriate legal action if there is any infringement of these rights.
All other rights are reserved, and commercial uses including publication, retransmission, broadcast, posting to newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, circulation, selling, reproduction or redistribution in any medium are prohibited, except with the prior written approval of the copyright owner.
Please contact us if you have any questions or have a specific copyright-related request.
Blackacre Software Inc. is the legal holder of the following brand assets:
- “Blackacre Pro”
- “Capacity, Managed.”
Any use of the foregoing marks is strictly prohibited unless expressly authorized in advance.
All other trademarks displayed on this site or in our software are the property of their respective owners.
Please contact us if you have any questions or have a specific trademark-related request.
Notwithstanding any expressly listed partnerships, compatibility, authorized integrations or connectivity, if any, Blackacre Software Inc. (Blackacare Pro) is not in any other way, officially or otherwise, connected to, partnered or affiliated with, or endorsed by AbacusNext, Aderant Holdings Inc., Apple Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., CosmoLex Cloud LLC, Dexco Corporation, Themis Solutions Inc. (Clio), Thomson Reuters Corporation, Google LLC, LexisNexis Canada Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Panther Software LLC, or Zoom Video Communications Inc. or any affiliate of the foregoing entities.
You can view the latest version of our Cloud Services Agreement here.
Premium and Premium for Clio monthly plans (each, “Eligible Plan“) are eligible for a 14 day risk-free trial.
If you subscribe for any Eligible Plan for the first time, you may cancel within the first 14 calendar days of your subscription without incurring any monthly plan-related Fees (“Trial“).
Any Fees charged or chargeable for products or services outside of your base monthly plan Fee are excluded from the Trial (e.g., Fees related to Live Organizational Training or Customization).